We firmly believe that there is a better way of charging for estate agency services than the percentage model employed by our competitors.
Our FIXED FEE model is a little bit revolutionary, but it’s the fact that we still offer a full estate agency service in tandem with a fixed fee that really sets us apart.
Our fees are also performance related. If we do a great job, we’ll charge you 10% more. If we do a less than great job, we’ll charge you 10% less.
For details of our Letting Fees or Property Management Fees and Tenant Fees please keep scrolling
Our standard sole agency fee for selling your property is £5,000 (£4,166.67+VAT).
This table shows you how much you could save when comparing our £5,000 standard sales fee with the percentage fees charged by other agents. All savings shown include VAT.
Here’s a worked example: Sale Price of £500,000. Percentage fee charge: 1.5% = £7,500. VAT at 20% = £1,500. Total fee: £9,000. Proper Local standard fee: £5,000 (inc VAT). A saving of £4,000.
Our standard fee for letting your property is £1,200 (£1,000+VAT).
We don’t charge any additional fees for things like the administration of a tenancy agreement, and we also only charge a low fixed fee for a renewal of tenancy.
This table shows you how much you could save when comparing our £1,200 standard letting fee with the percentage fees charged by other agents. All savings shown include VAT. Savings shown are on the basis of a 12 month tenancy.
Here’s a worked example: Rental Price of £500 per week (£26,000 per annum). Percentage fee charge: 9% = £2,340. VAT at 20% = £468. Total fee: £2,808. Proper Local standard fee: £1,200 (inc VAT). A saving of £1,608.
Property Management Fees
Unlike other estate & letting agents we don’t charge for our property management service as a percentage of the rent as we don’t believe that’s a fair way of doing things.
Just because one property is more expensive to rent than another, it doesn’t mean that our job is going to be more difficult.
We charge a fixed fee for property management based upon the number of bedrooms a property has. The number of bedrooms normally squares with the size of the property, and indeed the number of tenants, and we believe charging on a number of bedrooms scale is fair and proportionate with the amount of work we will be doing during the tenancy.
Our property management fees are taken monthly from the rent as it comes through, unlike our letting fees which are payable in advance as a lump sum.
- We will charge you £960 (£800+VAT) per annum if the property is a studio or has one bedroom
- We will charge you £1,200 (£1,000+VAT) per annum if the property has two bedrooms
- We will charge you £1,320+VAT (£1,100+VAT) per annum if the property has three bedrooms
- We will charge you £1,440+VAT (£1,200+VAT) per annum if the property has four or more bedrooms
Tenant Administration Fees
At Proper Local we believe the tenant administration fees charged by some agents are not only unfair, but plain ridiculous too.
Yes, we still charge a fee to tenants for administrating a tenancy, but we charge as little as we can.
- A Reservation Fee will be used to hold the property and is calculated as two times the weekly rent. The Reservation fee will be deducted from the Move in Costs.
- Referencing Fees are charged at £50 per applicant (or company) and covers referencing, Right to Rent and Identity checks. Guarantors, if required, will be charged at £30 per guarantor.
- A Check-In Fee is chargeable per property (not per applicant) if the Landlord opts to use the services of a professional Inventory company.